ARSCLIST  October 2017

ARSCLIST October 2017

Re: George Crumb -88

"Gary A. Galo" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 25 Oct 2017 00:24:24 +0000

George Crumb was composer in residence for a week during our 1999 New Music Festival. He's a wonderful guy, as you note. It was a very memorable occasion.

Best,
Gary

____________________________

Gary Galo
Audio Engineer Emeritus
The Crane School of Music
SUNY at Potsdam, NY 13676

Arnold Schoenberg

Igor Markevitch

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] George Crumb -88

It's George Crumb's birthday at 88. Bridge Records has released a new CD in his honor.

George played piano for my college combo back in 1957-58. A wonderful and unbelievably talented guy.
--

*Trescott Research - Paul T. Jackson *

2503 Natalie Lane, Steilacoom, WA 98388

http://www.trescottresearch.com <http://www.trescottresearch.com/>