BIBFRAME October 2017

Re: Resource relationships

Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:10:47 -0700

thanks, Steven. This is along the lines of what I was suggesting. I note
in the LD4L document[1] that you list the RDAU relationship properties
and sub-properties, e.g.

rdau:P60250
Label: is derivative
URI: http://rdaregistry.info/Elements/u/P60250
Definition: Relates a resource to a resource that is a modification of a
source resource.
Subproperties:
●rdau:P60115 "is modified by variation as"
●rdau:P60120 "is remade as"
●rdau:P60121 "is set to music as"
●rdau:P60177 "is abstracted in"
●rdau:P60178 "is indexed in"
●rdau:P60180 "is adapted as choreography"
etc.

Is LD4L using the full sub-property group? (Or potentially, could it?)
If so, that could go a long way to making more of a match between RDA
and BF in Joe's list, which only includes the higher level relationships.

Or, when you say: sticking to the general properties, do you mean only
the highest level, e.g. "is derivative"? Does your comment about
including resource types in properties as an "anti-pattern" include
properties like "is set to music as"? I think in a sense the rdau
property name is reflecting a range definition, and assumes perhaps a
point of validation for matching the relationship and the range. Is LD4L
taking a strict approach on that?

kc
[1]
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/LD4P/bibliotek-o?preview=/79795231/83237330/bibliotek-o_pattern_relations_201612.pdf