CNIG Mid-Winter Call for Proposals
*** Please excuse cross-posting. ***
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present at
ALA Midwinter in Atlanta on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) offers a forum for the exploration,
communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of
cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging
managers and administrators, and be approximately 15 minutes in length.
Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
Past and suggested topics:
· Evolution, definition, and functions of the catalog and cataloging norms
· Emerging concepts and implementations of "next generation catalogs"
· Cataloging and metadata in hybrid and digital libraries
· Changes in catalogers' workflows
· Quality control and benchmarking
· How end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms
· Metadata records and elements in different contexts
· Impact of web norms on cataloging norms
· Cataloging education/continuing education
· Cataloging department collaboration with other library units
· Catalogers sharing public service responsibilities
· RDA: integration of records, training
· Best practices for digital repositories Please email proposal abstracts
to co-chairs Debra Skinner ([log in to unmask]) and Lizz Bridges (
[log in to unmask]) by Friday, October 31st, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from
*Rachel Berman Turner*
Subject Librarian for Judaic Studies
Binghamton University Libraries
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>