ARSCLIB November 2017

Re: Standard Hour index?

"Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 11 Nov 2017 20:58:24 -0500

Hi, Joseph,

The extended "Mullin-Palmer" tape collection at Stanford has a STEREO
copy of at least a portion of the 1953-01-25 Standard Hour. It is
Tape_98 from the Don Ososke Collection. Only the digital version is in
the Stanford Archive.

http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt5k4036nc/entire_text/

========quote========
Reel 98, digitized 2008 (ARS0035_98_Standard_Hour_1953-01-25.wav) ;
(ARS0035_98_Standard_Hour_1953-01-25_Metadata.txt) ;
(ARS0035_98_Standard_Hour_1953-01-25.EDL) 1953-01-25
Physical Description: 3 digital files

Scope and Contents
Standard Hour radio program, recorded at the War Memorial Opera House in
San Francisco, 1953-01-25 (at least first half hour). Early stereo
recording -- the normal broadcast would have been done in mono.

Format
Digital .wav audio file, Digital .txt text file, digital .edl text file

Cheers,

Richard