*** Please excuse cross-posting. ***
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present at
ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans on Saturday, June 23, 2018,
Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration,
communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of
cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging
managers and administrators, and be approximately 15 minutes in length.
Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
Theme: “*Cataloging for the Future: Practical Information for* *Catalogers*
* Today.*” Potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
- RDA: how RDA continues to affect the way we catalog; updated RDA
- Moving away from MARC?: Prepping the catalog for linked data
- Cataloging electronic resources: best practices for using vendor
records, Worldshare, etc.
- Skills and Tools: what catalogers need for cataloging now and in the
- Catalogs and discovery systems: making the two work together
Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs Debra Skinner (
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>) and Lizz
Bridges (*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>), by Friday, April 6,
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from
*Rachel Berman Turner*
Cataloging Librarian | Subject Librarian for Judaic Studies
*Binghamton University Libraries*
[log in to unmask]