ARSCLIST  April 2018

ARSCLIST April 2018

Re: Radio Facsimile

Alexander Hartov <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Apr 2018 19:17:46 +0000

Sorry to contradict the prevailing sentiment, but FAX (Facsimile transmission) predates its modern “digital” version by a long shot.  It was the mainstay for newspapers to transmit photos for decades and required expensive equipment, hence was not a household item.  But it was there.  I would not be surprised if 1939 is correct.

Sometime listening to the radio pays off

Alex