ARSCLIST  April 2018

ARSCLIST April 2018

Radio Facsimile

"Goran Finnberg [log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Apr 2018 21:35:56 +0200

Alex:

>Sorry to contradict the prevailing sentiment, but FAX (Facsimile transmission)
>predates its modern “digital” version by a long shot.  It was the mainstay for
>newspapers to transmit photos for decades and required expensive equipment,
>hence was not a household item.  But it was there.  I would not be surprised if 1939 is correct.

Its even earlier than that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fax

----------

Best regards,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Nero & Smurfen:RIP