Hi Gary and Mickey
I tried copy and paste changing file name of the copy. No luck there.
I tried upsample render then downsample render the upsampled file in
Wavelab. No luck. I only changed the sample rate not the bit rate and
only took it up from 96K to 128K. Going higher for both bit and sample
rates on the whole file, then back down again would take too much time
to process for this test.
I tied saving off to a RAW file, then open (import special audio file)
using Wavelab. No luck there. But when I tried importing the corrupted
WAV file in the same way, then saved that file off to a new version,
that seemed to work. Both corrupted file and new version are the same size.
As this is a consumer project transferring a collection of cassette
tapes that are not an archival level job, I'm very happy with this fix.
I was in a hurry to get home to dinner Friday night and should have
backed up the days work before I started the batch render process.
Lesson learned. Thanks to you both for your input and leading me to a fix!!
On 1/26/2019 7:46 PM, John Schroth wrote:
> Both good suggestions.
> The files were ingested at 96K, 24Bit. So I have some headroom.
> I'll try both ideas and report back.
> Thank you
> Kind Regards,
> John Schroth
> On 1/26/2019 7:38 PM, Mickey Clark wrote:
>> John- is there any higher sample rate ? - you could try resampling to
>> a higher rate then resample back. but you're probably already maxed
>> out for that
>> another way is saving the file as .raw format then when you open it,
>> in a .wav studio, the computer should call for the sample information
>> from you. you enter that then save it with the formatting - -Mickey
>> -----Original Message----- From: John Schroth
>> Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:44 PM
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: [ARSCLIST] corrupted WAV files
>> Hoping to get some input from the group.
>> I had a bunch of high res WAV files that I set up for a batch conversion
>> in Wavelab over the weekend. I went into the office several hours ago to
>> find that the computer had a hickup and tried to shut down. Any original
>> high-res WAV file that was still in the cue for render (or being
>> rendered at the time, I don't know which) has now become corrupt.
>> They open and play in Wavelab, you can see the waveform and it looks to
>> be without issue. If you look at them in a folder viewed with the
>> details on (PC Windows 7) , there's a file size but no length associated
>> with the corrupted files. They will not play in Windows media player
>> although other files with the same resolution will.
>> I can save the files off as version with a different file name but the
>> resultant file copy still has no length and has the same issues playing
>> in Media Player. I've also tried making some slight audio modifications
>> to the file while in Wavelab and rendering out the changes and saving
>> off the new version. Still same issues.
>> Has anyone experience this file corruption issue and did you find a
>> Kind Regards,
>> John Schroth
>> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
Media Transfer Service, LLC
High Quality Conversion Of:
Video - Audio - Motion Picture - Still Image
Find out what's new at MTS: