ARSCLIST  January 2019

ARSCLIST January 2019

DHPSNY Colections Survey

Jorge Arévalo Mateus <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 18 Jan 2019 09:02:40 -0500

Dear ARSC Members:
Please see the survey announcement below--the deadline to complete is
today, January 18th (but we will probably reopen in a week or two). In any
case, if interested, please tell us about New York State based collections.
Thank you for your consideration and have a great weekend!
Jorge

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001bamNdX78yaoBLmmGhFfaYS4Ne47m6HtH0Y6s_Mc7e3oeo7ltdvEidz19bJMYpj42BMGsc1OYryU2jnTxBXdzjrcsczMIe_2JFv9dZok-JPSGriM13yq206V1v1ZT3jI1mqgj1JPy0ps=&c=0ubnvlYjv0ubxAdxEpu4uAPgwc8lRMU48sj5tiPUZAHeEVkj_XZb5Q==&ch=rb88bopF7WpXius5MByxPR2q1tuUXk1pHhhly7o8jncOyFx-GHFCbg==>
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001bamNdX78yaoBLmmGhFfaYS4Ne47m6HtH0Y6s_Mc7e3oeo7ltdvEidxH6fY4v3M4BT-z_lUvAR915oorICxRwQyCKUSNHS48aiTPTsewHou3p97XKEPrQXutoK7ibacCWZwAvX8PGjLCo3NFEZ08iiUQxqnRJMuEkfpHVWzX3lNhXi1eGxaHcyXg8U9ypoLrTJclTR6bPL0vKjMtXMw-yOPX4QGjkBofo75uUDrHw1yKh6vb4IisZCA==&c=0ubnvlYjv0ubxAdxEpu4uAPgwc8lRMU48sj5tiPUZAHeEVkj_XZb5Q==&ch=rb88bopF7WpXius5MByxPR2q1tuUXk1pHhhly7o8jncOyFx-GHFCbg==>
Dear Colleague,

We need your help!  As collecting institutions (archives, libraries,
museums, cultural heritage institutions, etc.) we ask, whose stories are we
listening to? What voices are represented in our holdings? What materials
and formats are we collecting that record these various histories? What are
we doing to build, maintain, and strengthen trusting, reciprocal
relationships with community partners?

I invite you to join the Documentary Heritage and Preservation Services for
New York (DHPSNY) on a multi-year research project to develop a plan that
guides collecting institutions and individuals to under-documented topics
in New York State History and connects them with local, regional and
state-wide program resources to ensure an equitable and robust historical
record remains for future generations.

This survey is the first step in identifying collections and community
partnerships. The results of this survey will help us to connect with
communities across the state and develop a strategy for greater inclusion
and access to resources and services.
Begin Survey
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001bamNdX78yaoBLmmGhFfaYS4Ne47m6HtH0Y6s_Mc7e3oeo7ltdvEidxH6fY4v3M4BLpqnzchAwZhvSMBeFvpEEMnQomUZpSlONVadBR4NmbsDP9LkjA92i_8b61M0opxGnGMfSNoisS-kH-1a4DB8no7Q2ubc560PpTO7w2K1R3s=&c=0ubnvlYjv0ubxAdxEpu4uAPgwc8lRMU48sj5tiPUZAHeEVkj_XZb5Q==&ch=rb88bopF7WpXius5MByxPR2q1tuUXk1pHhhly7o8jncOyFx-GHFCbg==>
Please complete this online survey between now and January 18, 2019.

We ask that, if you know of anyone or any group in your community that have
collections of cultural or historical significance who may want to
participate, please forward this survey to them, or let DHPSNY know by
contacting us at [log in to unmask] or 215-545-0613.

If you have any difficulty accessing the survey. please reach out to DHPSNY
at [log in to unmask] or 215-545-0613.

Thank you and all the best,

Jorge Arévalo Mateus, Ph.D.
Lead Scholar, DHPSNY

Image: “Romance Map of the North Country. An illustrated tourist map of the
Adirondack region.” New York State Archives, 1900s.