I don’t use Windows, but Izotope RX is my best fixer on Macs…
On Jan 26, 2019, at 6:58 PM, John Schroth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi Gary and Mickey
> I tried copy and paste changing file name of the copy. No luck there.
> I tried upsample render then downsample render the upsampled file in Wavelab. No luck. I only changed the sample rate not the bit rate and only took it up from 96K to 128K. Going higher for both bit and sample rates on the whole file, then back down again would take too much time to process for this test.
> I tied saving off to a RAW file, then open (import special audio file) using Wavelab. No luck there. But when I tried importing the corrupted WAV file in the same way, then saved that file off to a new version, that seemed to work. Both corrupted file and new version are the same size.
> As this is a consumer project transferring a collection of cassette tapes that are not an archival level job, I'm very happy with this fix. I was in a hurry to get home to dinner Friday night and should have backed up the days work before I started the batch render process. Lesson learned. Thanks to you both for your input and leading me to a fix!!