Apologies for cross-posting:
The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA), Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of ACRL (RBMS) and Society of American Archivists (SAA) have formed a joint task force to refine, publish and own a BIBFRAME ontology extension for the description of special collections materials. This work will build upon the Art and Rare Materials BIBFRAME Ontology Extension < https://github.com/LD4P/arm/ > established as part of the first phase of the Andrew W. Mellon funded Linked Data for Production (LD4P) project, 2016-2018; however, this task force work is independent of the LD4P projects.
ARLIS, RBMS and SAA seek volunteers to join this effort for a term of two-years. We encourage volunteers who are members of any of the aforementioned three professional organizations as well as colleagues from outside of these organizations.
• Review initial modeling of the Art and Rare Materials BIBFRAME Ontology Extension (ARM), and build upon areas for future work identified by the LD4P project. Identify use cases not yet covered by ARM, especially those that may be required for discovery of archival material. Extend and refine the ontology as appropriate.
• Publish an initial version of the ARM ontology extension.
• Identify long-term strategies and structures for the administration of ARM.
• Work with the Library of Congress to further define the relationship between the core ontology (BIBFRAME) and the ARM extension.
• Work with the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) to incorporate ARM into PCC application profiles for the description of special collections materials.
Please use one of the following forms and include the following information. Please note, if the following information is not included, the project leads will be unable to consider your volunteer request:
1. What is your area of expertise (e.g.: Archives, Art, Rare Materials, Ontologies, etc.)
2. What is your experience in data modeling or ontology development?
3. Why would you like to join this task force?
ARLIS Members Volunteer Form: https://tinyurl.com/y82f3qlm
RBMS Members Volunteer Form: http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer
SAA Members Volunteer Form: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/56539-Society-Of-American-Archivists
Non-Members Volunteer Form: https://tinyurl.com/ycplvl5e
Deadline to volunteer: 2019 January 23
If you have any questions, please contact: [log in to unmask]