ARSCLIST  February 2019

ARSCLIST February 2019

Re: Selling digital files for downloading

Mint Records <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Feb 2019 09:00:33 +0000

Downloafs are sent to stores via an 'aggregator' - like a digital
distributor. You can make deals with companies directly but that is very
time consuming and you have to have a very large back catalogue before they
will talk to you.

An aggregator will be able to supply to everyone you want them to anx to
tge countries you want them to sell to.

Some countries have agreements so publishing royalties are paid direct by
the download stores, others - particularly the USA - insist that you make a
deal yourself which makes it very difficult or impossible for you to sell
European PD material as a download legally in the US.

By the way UK and European copyright law was changed in 2012 to 70 years
but that was not retroactive. Therefore everything RELEASED before the end
of 1962 is now PD.

Richard.