ARSCLIST  February 2019

ARSCLIST February 2019

Re: Restored audio. Speakers or headphones

"Paul T. Jackson" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 3 Feb 2019 11:53:05 -0800

One of the issues I don't see discussed is the person's hearing and any
concurrent loss of highs. Back in college in the 50s my hearing could hear
the 22k hz.  Sometime later at one of the ARSC conferences listening to
test records, I could hear only 16khz. Now at 83, with hearing aids, my
hearing is strange enough that I have difficulty deciding what I'm really
hearing.
   Fortunately I can still tune my timpani to the band, and distinguish the
instruments and what they are playing.

Paul T. Jackson
Trescott Research
Steilacoom, WA 98338