Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  March 2019

ARSCLIST March 2019

Re: Can't find a stylus that doesn't distort

Dennis Rooney <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:56:04 -0400

I have no experience with Durbin's Decca 78s; however, in addition to the
other observations on this topic, it is well to remember that American
Decca mastered on lacquer blanks using vertical cut and then dubbed
approved cuts to 78rpm lateral for production, in the same manner as
American Columbia. Wartime exigencies might have allowed some defective
cuts to escape the qc process.

DDR

--
1006 Langer Way