ARSCLIST  May 2019

ARSCLIST May 2019

Digitization Partner for NEW Foundations Grant

Kevin Lynch <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 May 2019 13:55:23 -0500

Hello, ARSC-folks!

We are a brand new ARSC member, having joined and attended our first conference just last week.  A big thank you to all in attendance who were generous with their time and advice!

My organization, the Barbershop Harmony Society, is pursuing a NEH Foundations Grant to develop a plan for digitizing and making available to scholars, singers, directors and hobbyists, a collection that currently amounts to 5100+ separate pieces of media, across 41 different audio and video formats, chronicling 100+ years of that treasure of American culture and choral history, the barbershop quartet (and chorus).

We are seeking a preservation firm that is capable of digitizing theses 5100+ media, should we be fortunate enough to be funded.  We met several good people at the conference, and it was suggested that we also post to this list-serv to see if others might be interested.

Time is of the essence, as we are facing a deadline on our submission and would like to “write you in” to the grant.

If you would like to discuss the opportunity more, please email me privately at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Chordially

Kevin Lynch

Kevin Lynch
Chief Strategy Officer
Barbershop Harmony Society
HQ: 800-876-7464 | Direct: 612-723-4209
barbershop.org <http://www.barbershop.org/> | #EveryoneInHarmony <http://www.barbershop.org/everyoneinharmony>
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/barbershopharmonysociety> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/barbershopnews> | YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/user/BarbershopHarmony38> | Marketplace <https://shop.barbershop.org/>

International Salt Lake City, UT <http://www.barbershop.org/slc> | June 30 - July 7, 2019
Harmony University, Nashville, TN <http://www.barbershop.org/hu> | July 21-28, 2019
Midwinter Jacksonville, FL <http://www.barbershop.org/nashville> | January 7-12, 2020