ARSCLIST July 2019

Re: Female producers?

Jeff Willens <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Jul 2019 00:43:29 -0400

Not sure if you wanted to go down this particular road, but still, it is what it is:

A woman in the 1950s owned her own label (with her manager/husband), wrote her own songs, and released her own records complete with distribution deals. Obviously there were others involved but she was seen to be the one controlling it all. She was the "Queen of the Party Records" Ruth Wallis. She ran "Wallis Original" records in NJ, which released her own original, bawdy, risque songs, lots of them, into the 1960s.

http://www.chuckthewriter.com/Wallis.pdf