ARSCLIB May 2020

Looking for issues 1-50 of The Source

Brandon Burke <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 4 May 2020 19:27:25 +0000

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well and staying healthy. Wishing well from here.

Writing with a reference request from a colleague searching for early issues of the American hip hop culture magazine, The Source (ISSN 1063-2085). He is particularly interested in issues Vol. 1, No. 1 thru 50.

Some additional notes:

-- The first sixteen issues are numbered Vol.1, Nos. 1-7 and Vol. 2, Nos. 1-7. From there, it’s Issue 17 through [x]
-- The first two issues (Vol. 1, No. 1; Vol. 1, No. 2) are newsletters with text on the front page

I’ve already contacted a couple of institutions about this. If we’ve already spoken, please feel free to ignore or, by all means, reply anyway so others can find this information later.

And, as always, feel free to reply to the list or contact me directly.

Thanks very much and take care,
Brandon

Brandon Burke
Hoover Institution Library and Archives