Corrosion/Top Assemblies

Ronald Nemura <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:30:31 -0400

Thought I'd try out the ListServ as answers to these items might be of interest to all.
1) Corrosion-I sent you an email today about a unit that wouldn't charge and had significant corrosion on the PCB. Do I scrap it and use the parts?
2) Recent survey wanted to know the quantities of top assemblies we had in stock. We are down to 3. Should we order. Most of the tops we replace have had the plastic broken around the brass nut embedded in it. Probably due to over-zealous use of the blue lock-tite on the screws. Would like to have the supplier advised.