ARSCLIST  August 2020

ARSCLIST August 2020

Re: Looking for Radio Programs Related to the Composer of "Nature Boy"

"Barton, Matthew" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:23:05 +0000

Hi,

Alan Lomax's show was actually called "Your Ballad Man: The People's Songbag," or just "Your Ballad Man," though it wouldn't surprise me if you've seen radio listings or articles from the period calling it "The Ballad Man."

There's a show or two under the full, first title in the Alan Lomax Collection at the Library of Congress, though I can't say if this is one of them. There may also be a playlist for the show you want, or correspondence about it. The American Folklife Center at LOC may be able to help with this, and David Sager can refer you to them.

Matthew Barton