ARSCLIST  August 2020

ARSCLIST August 2020

Re: Masque of the Red Death - Unknown composer

David Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Aug 2020 18:41:56 -0400

I'll gladly listen, though I'll mention that off the top of my head that
André Caplet's "Conte fantastique" is based on the Masque of the Red Death
and is sometimes referred to by the latter title.
Also, the British composer Joseph Holbrooke wrote two different tone poems
on that subject.

UD