I love a success story.
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
On 10/19/2020 9:12 AM, James Perrett wrote:
> Many thanks for all the advice on this thread. After seeing the first few
> replies I decided to bake the tape for 24 hours which appears to have
> worked. After allowing the tape to cool I very carefully checked the first
> part of the tape containing the test tones and I saw far fewer flakes
> coming off. I think the flakes that did come off were the remnants of the
> previous attempt to play the tape. Once I neared the end of the test tones
> (a section of tape that I hadn't played previously) there were virtually no
> flakes so I decided to try transferring the whole tape. This worked fine
> apart from one section which needed to be transferred twice - the second
> time was perfect.
> Thanks again for the advice and I've learned not to be too impatient with
> the baking.