The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce employment opportunities for two Data Services Informationists:
Position Title/Series/Grade/FPL: Technical Information Specialist GS-1412-11/12/13 FPL 13 position
Area of Consideration: Merit Promotion
MP Announcement Number: NIH-ORS-MP-21-10930862
Open Date: October 14, 2020
Close Date: October 23, 2020
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
Number of Vacancies: 2 positions
MP Announcement Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581525500
If you have experience providing information services and instruction in a clinical or biomedical research setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team.
• Assisting NIH researchers in making their data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable).
• Assisting and consulting NIH researchers in locating existing data; processing data for reuse; organizing and describing data to facilitate analysis, collaboration, and sharing; performing data mining and analysis; managing retention and long-term preservation of data; complying with NIH and federal policies for data sharing; and, communicating data through visualizations and infographics.
• Assessing NIH researchers’ training needs in the areas of data management, data visualization, data analysis, and R and Python programming.
• Developing and delivering graduate-level training to meet identified needs.
• Providing one-on-one advice and consultations in the areas of data science, e.g., data management and visualization.
• Assisting NIH researchers in using the NIH Library’s data sciences workstation which offers a suite of tools for data analysis, processing, and visualization for a variety of different types of data.
• Fostering trans-NIH data science collaboration in support of the NIH Strategic Plan for Data Science and raising visibility of the NIH Library Data Services Program across NIH and beyond.
• Conducting research in data science.
For more information on these programs at the NIH Library, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/informationists
John P. Doyle, MSI
Chief, Information Architecture Branch
National Institutes of Health Library
Division of Library Services
Office of Research Services
Bldg 10, 1L-19A, MSC 1150
Bethesda, MD 20892
[log in to unmask]