Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  February 2021

ARSCLIB February 2021

Call for Proposals - Amigos Member Conference - What Will We Keep: Creating the Next Remix of Library Services

Emily Nimsakont <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Feb 2021 21:45:38 +0000

Announcing the 2021 Annual Amigos Library Services Member Conference, "What Will We Keep:  Creating the Next Remix of Library Services".

In 2020 we saw libraries close, partially reopen, and fully reopen, some going through the cycle multiple times. Through it all, libraries adapted to the new operational and service landscape in unique and unprecedented ways. While some of these changes are not sustainable or ideal long term, many of these adaptations are proving to be beneficial solutions.

How will/should your library compose its new suite of services? Which services will be part of the new mix? Which new service delivery methods, unique programs, and systems will continue into the future? Share your experiences at the Amigos' 2021 Annual Member Conference where we will highlight libraries' new directions, services, and opportunities and what libraries expect to keep as our changed landscape continues to develop.

Topics may include, but are not limited to:
*         Curbside service
*         Home delivery
*         Online programming for all age levels and audiences
*         Book clubs
*         Working from home - both policies and best practices
*         Self-care
*         Employee policies
*         Policies for the public/library users
*         How to catalog a book when working from home
*         Communicating with staff and the public
*         Online tutoring sessions

If you can speak on one of these topics or have another in mind, please submit a proposal by March 3, 2021. Tell us your story and share what registrants can expect to learn from your presentation. All sessions are 45 minutes with time for questions and answers and all chosen speakers will be asked to share a song title for the conference playlist. Submit your proposal by March 3 at https://www.amigos.org/node/6676.

For more information about this conference, contact Tracy Byerly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 800-843-8482, ext. 2893.

Emily Dust Nimsakont
Cataloging and Metadata Trainer
Amigos Library Services
972-340-2825