ARSCLIST  February 2021

ARSCLIST February 2021

Re: Decca 1945 take numbers

Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Feb 2021 02:11:15 +0000

I did not realize Santa Barbara had films of Decca cards. Years ago I used the MCA card films that the Country Music Foundation had made, but I was going through the Brunswick material, not Decca. I donít know if they are the same films, but there is a lot missing.  Are the Decca masters at LoC what Escaped incineration at the Universal City Warehouse?  Are they in Culpepper or Iron Mountain?
Michael Biel

________________________________
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Robert E Wallace, Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 8:14:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Decca 1945 take numbers

Hi,
You likely already know that the UC Santa Barbara Special Collections
Library has all of the session cards on microfilm for all DECCA
recordings, all studios, all years. I was looking for the 11-Oct-1943
Melrose Ave, Hollywood (or is it the 10th) (only) sessions with Dooley
Wilson for personnel, pianist in particular, and looked here - no
avail for personnel. (And yes, I also has a (LOC approved list)
researcher (since i am in LA) audition for chatter and inspect for
acetate etch marks at the Library of Congress where the DECCA masters
were donated and are now maintained.)
They may have engineering info however.

 -.-. .. .- --- / ..-. --- .-. / -. --- .--
 rew

Robert E. Wallace, Ph.D., DABR
Professor & RadOnc Physicist III, Radiation Oncology
 Cedars-Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, CA
Clinical Professor, Radiation Oncology
 Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
310.423.0648 /clinic / almost always never here in the age of SARS2
310.659.3332 /facsimile310.701.4423 /pandemic appropriate cellular
smart-alek-phone
[log in to unmask] / Cedars business
"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture." - Charles
Mingus
"Tools not rules." - George Winthrop Sherouse
"The devil is in the details, hanging out with the noise." -- REW