BIBFRAME February 2022

Open Call for New Members for the PCC Linked Data Advisory Committee

Matt Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:57:41 -0500

From: PCC Linked Data Advisory Committee

The Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) Linked Data Advisory Committee (LDAC) is actively recruiting new members to bring experienced backgrounds with linked data to the group. Anyone who has experience working with linked data or involvement with linked data projects is eligible. Eligible applicants do not need to work for a PCC library or for a library at all. (See below for more information about the PCC.) Membership will be one year, starting in April, with the option to renew. Please see the LDAC web page for our current charge and a list of current members.

-LDAC currently meets approximately once per month.
-Membership is likely to require a commitment of 6 hours or less on average per month.
-Members may be asked to become liaisons to other PCC groups.
-We are committed to maintaining/striving for better diversity within the committee.
-Work in the area of ethics and linked data is a plus.

The PCC is a cooperative cataloging venture wherein member libraries contribute bibliographic records and related data under a common set of standards and conventions. PCC membership is at the institution level and is organized through four programs commonly known by the following acronyms: BIBCO (members contribute catalog records for monographs); CONSER (members contribute records for serials); NACO (members contribute authority records to the Library of Congress Name Authority File); and SACO (members contribute subject heading proposals for adding to the Library of Congress Subject Headings file). The PCC’s administrative structure includes various committees such as the Policy Committee (which guides the PCC), standing committees, and advisory groups such as the Linked Data Advisory Committee (LDAC).

If you are interested in serving on the PCC Linked Data Advisory Committee, please send an email with the subject "PCC LDAC member application" directly to Christine Fernsebner Eslao (co-chair) at [log in to unmask] and Timothy Thompson (co-chair) at [log in to unmask] by March 4th, 2022. In your message, please let us know why you would like to serve on the PCC Linked Data Advisory Committee and describe your experience with linked data in libraries or other cultural heritage institutions. Also, since we may have many volunteers for only a few spots, please rest assured that if you express interest but are not appointed, we will keep track of your interest and may tap you for future opportunities. Expressions of interest will be reviewed by the PCC Linked Data Advisory Committee in March 2022 for selection. The PCC Linked Data Advisory Committee will determine the selection of candidates and notify candidates in late March 2022.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Sincerely,

Christine Fernsebner Eslao (co-chair)
Metadata Technologies Program Manager
Metadata Management & Project Strategy