---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 07:20:05 EDT
From: "r. lee hadden" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: JOBS: Nursing Librarian - Indiana
------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 15:37:58 -0500
Reply-to: Library and Information Science jobs mailing list
<[log in to unmask]>
From: Terry Kuny <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: U.S. - librarian - Indiana
To: Multiple recipients of list LIBJOBS <[log in to unmask]>
Fr: Judith Graves <[log in to unmask]>
Re: Sigma Theta Tau Int'l. Honor Society of Nursing:
Electronic Library: Librarian
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing has a
leadership Librarian position available for its electronic
library, The Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library.
The Library is housed at the Center for Nursing Scholarship in
Indianapolis Indiana. We would appreciate your assistance in this
search by sharing the job description and other informational
materials with anyone you think might be interested in the
position. In place or under development are data, information,
and knowledge services. Current primary knowledge services
include a Registry of Nursing Research (Nurse researchers, their
research studies, and study results) and a peer-reviewed
electronic journal of critical reviews of research on practice
problems (The Online Journal of Knowledge Synthesis for Nursing)
distributed via OCLC.
POSITION: LIBRARIAN OF CENTER FOR NURSING SCHOLARSHIP
REPORTS TO: Executive Officer
POSITION LEVEL: Executive Staff
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Librarian is responsible to the
Executive Officer for furthering the goals of Sigma Theta Tau
International through the oversight of the administration of
department activities and the effective utilization of Sigma
Theta Tau resources allocated to the department. The Librarian
is further responsible for regularly consulting and collaborating
with experts in nursing informatics to plan and develop the
potential of the library and its services.
A. Library Administration (50%)
1. Directs operations of the Virginia Henderson Library.
2. Oversees staffing needs of Library including delineation
of staff authority and assignment.
3. Oversees budgetary development and monotoring for Library.
4. Directly supervises Library Coordinator and professional
specialists in fulfillment of their responsibilities.
5. Oversees archives of the Society.
B. Library Implementation (30%)
1. Manages strategic plan for Virginia Henderson Library,
implementing activities and evaluating as appropriate.
2. Assesses periodically effectiveness of Library services
in meeting organization goals.
3. Directs acquisition of library resources (research,
4. Directs implementation of library services.
5. Publishes scientific work of Library in appropriate
6. Serves as primary liaison for Library Committee and other
Society committees as their activities relate to the
7. Represents Society with other organizations and groups in
the promotion of services for Library, including attendance
and presentations at Society meetings.
C. Library Planning and Development (20%)
1. In consultation with nursing informatics experts:
participates in developing the services of the Virginia
Henderson Library in keeping with identified needs.
2. Plans, formulates and recommends Library programming.
3. Recommends policy and appropriate action to Executive
Officer as related to planning and development of Library
III. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Has a masters degree in library science and a minimum of 5
years experience as administrator of library services.
Related education and experience will be considered.
Experience with health-related librarianship highly
preferred. National and nonprofit association experience
CONTACT: Carol Perry, Human Resources Coordinator
([log in to unmask], or Judith Graves, Informatics Director,
Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library
([log in to unmask]).