---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 07:25:41 EDT
From: "r. lee hadden" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: JOBS: ACRL Website/LISTSERV Admin- Volunteer
------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:59:37 EDT
Reply-to: Discussion of Library Reference Issues
<[log in to unmask]>
From: "Kristin L. Strohmeyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Position: ACRL IS Website/LISTSERV Administrator
To: [log in to unmask]
**Please excuse any duplication. This message is being cross-posted.**
ACRL Instruction Section
The ACRL IS Website/LISTSERV Administrator is responsible for developing
and maintaining the IS web site under the direction of the IS Executive
Committee and the IS Advisory Council and in consultation with the IS
Communication Committee. The IS web site provides access to information on
the SectionUs structure, committees and their work, meetings, programs,
awards, news, projects and activities as well as electronic versions of key
Web Administration responsibilities include the following:
1. Acquire and link to information from other IS Committees relevant to the
IS membership as well as to potential members (following approval by the IS
2. Organize and format this information on the IS web site.
LISTSERV Administration responsibilities include:
1) Serve as moderator of the IS Advisory LISTSERV with responsibility for
2) Provide host site and technical support for IS Advisory LISTSERV.
Overall responsibilities include:
1) Coordinate activities, deadlines, and dissemination of information with
the IS Newsletter Editor and with the IS Executive Committee.
2) Serve as a member of the Communications Committee and as a non-voting,
ex-officio member of the IS Advisory Council.
3) Perform web archiving functions according to the IS Guidelines.
4) Following the conclusion of the term of appointment, serve as a resource
person to successor.
Appointment and Term:
The ACRL IS Website/LISTSERV Administrator is a volunteer position which
serves a two-year term, upon appointment by the IS Executive Committee.
This term will commence immediately after the ALA Annual Conference.
Application review and appointment recommendation is conducted by the IS
1) Membership in the ACRL Instruction Section and experience with library
2) Institutional or personal computer resources adequate for the
maintenance of the section site and LISTSERV.
3) Demonstrated competency in HTML authoring and web site maintenance.
4) Experience with scanning, scanning software, and other digital imaging
tools and techniques.
5) Demonstrated ability to create visually interesting pages.
6) Sound organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
1. Compile an application consisting of the following:
*Cover letter with description of expertise in the areas of HTML, imaging
software packages and LISTSERV
moderation/administration and description of equipment, server, file space
and Internet connections available to you.
*Selected list of URLS for pages you have created.
2. Send application information to (applications received by May 1 will
receive first consideration):
Chair, ACRL IS Communication Committee
209 Hatcher Graduate Library
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1205
Kristin L. Strohmeyer
Reference/Coordinator of Instructional Services
Hamilton College Library, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, NY 13323
315-859-4481 FAX 315-859-4185
[log in to unmask]