AMFELLOWS@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

AMFELLOWS Home

AMFELLOWS  October 1997

AMFELLOWS October 1997

A long overdue report from CA

Leni Donlan <[log in to unmask]>

American Memory Fellows <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 19 Oct 1997 14:27:39 -0700

Hello all!

Kath and I have been up to our eyeballs in work of all kinds, but take this
moment to catch you all up...and to extend our admiring regard for the
wonderful notes and work we have been reading/seeing!

Our project, America Dreams, a WebQuest, is ready for testing. We have gone
about as far as we can go until we have opportunity to have kids use it
and/or to get feedback from others. You can view it at
<http://www.town.pvt.k12.ca.us/Collaborations/amproject/index2.html>
There is still the matter of creating a better splash page and adding a few
more teacher/student resources, but we think it is currently usable. Is it
acceptable to "announce" it to some listservs so we can get some
participation, thus feedback?

Yesterday, with Linda Joseph via teleconference hook up from Ohio, we
presented "Widening Horizons...Online with the Library of Congress" at CUE.
We shared information about the LOC Teaching Fellows, our summer session in
D.C. and our projects (Linda got in MultiMedia Magazine and CyberBee while
Kath and I managed to mention our projects Westward HO! and Postcard
Geography, too :->). Wunderbar!!!! And the teleconferencing was a great
deal of fun :-) Our thanks to Linda C. Joseph for her charming presence
(and to Pac Bell for their technical enabling).

I'm sorry to hear that I'll miss the presentations at CLMS (I was going to
present there with my Tech Team until I realized the dates coincide with
Tel*Ed where I had made an earlier commitment to present). Enjoy the
ambience...and knock 'em dead! If the reception at CUE is any indication,
our CA audience will be most receptive to your presentation.

I've submitted an application to present at NECC in June, San Diego, with
the caveat that more Fellows may join us. It would be fun, as well as
productive, to gather as many as possible and do some terrific sharing. I'm
also hoping Pac Bell can help with another videoconference...and I was told
by GlobalSchoolNet that they are looking for excellent preconference
workshops (especially those that might involve students!)...does anyone
want to offer "hands on" time with collections?

Best to all...

Leni