AMFELLOWS Archives

AMFELLOWS@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

AMFELLOWS Home

AMFELLOWS  January 1998

AMFELLOWS January 1998

Re: Institute- corrected URL

"Elizabeth L. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>

American Memory Fellows <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:15:38 -0500

Fellows,

Also try this URL, for folks who want to read about the AMF program first.
The introductory material for the 1998 Institute material is here:
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/amfp/intro.html

Also,
Laura, and others,
If you are having problems with RealAudio, go to the RealAudio website
(http://www.realaudio.com/hpproducts/player/index.html) and get a newer
version of the RealPlayer.  Makes all the difference!  The current edition
is version 5.

Later,
Betty

At 02:00 PM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Judy is away from her desk, so I'm sending the corrected URL for the
>application online:
>http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/amfp/apply.html
>-Marlene
>NDLP
>
>Judith K. Graves wrote:
>>
>> Laura, the application is online!!
>> Try http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/apply/intro.html
>> You can also get the application in .pdf there.
>> Try it there, you'll have a better copy than a fax would provide.
>> Judy Graves
>>
>> At 12:08 PM 1/27/98 EST, you wrote:
>> >In a message dated 98-01-23 08:44:43 EST, you write:
>> >
>> ><< Caty really loved NCSS --
>> > and you can bet she really wanted to go to Anaheim!  But we'll figure out
>> > other opportunities, I'm sure.  She was just selected to represent her
>> > school as one of six student ambassadors to El Salvador at during the
first
>> > week of March.  She's thrilled to have been selected >>
>> >Dear Martha, Tell Caty congratulations for me and I am envious.  You do
>> >realize that she will never be the same?!  Not only will she have
travel-lust
>> >for the rest of her life (if she didn't already) but she'll have  special
>> >memories of a place and a people that have touched her.  What a wonderful
>> >opportunity.    On another subject, did the letters of invitation for next
>> >summers fellows go out?  If so, I haven't got a copy yet and was hoping
to be
>> >able to make copies to pass out at workshops here so that interested
teachers
>> >could apply.  I leave this Thursday afternoon for the Florida League
workshop.
>> >If the letter is ready now, maybe someone could fax it to my school fax
(407)
>> >935-3519 so I could take copies to the workshop.  If not for this one,
maybe
>> >for the Social Studies conference Feb. 7.  If you are busy with your new
>> >position, maybe you could forward my request to whomever should get this.
>> >Thanks so much.
>> >Laura

>> Judith K. Graves
>> Instructional Technology Designer
>> Educational Services
>> National Digital Library Program
>> Library of Congress
>> Washington, D.C.  20540-1320
>> [log in to unmask]     202/707-2562
>> http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/

   Elizabeth L. Brown, M.L.S.
   National Digital Library Program, LIBN/NDL/VC(1300)
   Library of Congress, Washington, DC  20540-1300
   [log in to unmask]                telephone: 202/707-2235

   Library of Congress Learning Page:
   http://learning.loc.gov/learn/