PCCLIST March 1999

Re: Citing the Canadiana CD-ROM

Judy Silverman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:01:08 -0500

In reference to Adam Schiff's posting -

CCA cataloguers consult the National Library of Canada's AMICUS database via
the Internet. As with the CD-ROM product, both bibliographic records from
contributing libraries and the Canadiana Authorities are included. For the
purposes of NACO work we feel that a) it would be misleading to refer to
either AMICUS or the CD-ROM product as NLC and b) it is important to
differentiate between authority headings and bibliographic headings. With
the assistance of our NACO funnel coordinator we have developed the following
patterns.

To cite an authority record:
670 AMICUS database, [date of search]$b(auth. hdg.: [data]; variant hdg.:
[data]; equiv. hdg.: [data])

To cite a bibliographic record:
670 AMICUS database, [date of search]$b(hdg.: [data]; usage: [data])

To cite both an authority record and bibliographic record(s):
670 AMICUS database, [date of search]$b(auth. hdg.: [data]; bib hdg.:
[data]; usage: [data])

Hope that this is of some help.

Judy

Judy Silverman
Head, Cataloguing/Chef, Section du catalogage
Canadian Centre for Architecture/Centre canadien d'architecture
Library/Bibliotheque
1920, rue Baile
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
H3H 2S6