FEDLINK Information Alert 99-4
FEDLINK Fiscal Operations
TO: FEDLINK Members
FROM: Susan M. Tarr, Executive Director, FLICC
SUBJECT: FEDLINK Vendor Update
1. FEDLINK is pleased to include the following new vendors to the
list of FEDLINK vendors. The following vendors have new Basic Ordering
Agreements (BOAs) in place for FY99 (FEDLINK Vendor IDs are in
* Columbia University Press (CO)--offers conference proceedings from
more than 72 domestic and international universities and research
centers. Its Columbia International Affairs Online Database (CIAO)
contains policy briefings and economic indicators, international
affairs and government studies, calendars of meetings, conferences,
seminars, and various research working papers published since 1995. CO
offers course packs and permits library reserve; consortial agreements
may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
* Disclosure, Inc. (DR)--has Global Access, its online alert and full
text broadcast service of financial intelligence research combined
with decision support. DR offers access to the largest collection of
public company filings, economic and research reports, and EDGAR
* East View Publications Inc. (EV)--provides Web and CD-ROM
users with full text versions of 26 major Russian newspapers
including access to archives from 1996 to the present. Their database
content includes international affairs, social science, and military
studies. EV also has the 1989 USSR Census available on CD-ROM and
prior census data (1897 through 1989) on microfiche.
* EBSCO Publishing (EH)--has a selection of 27 databases with
abstracts and full text access to more than 4,000 journal articles
available online or on CD-ROM. EH's products and services improve
collection management and enhance resource sharing.
* Gale Research (GR)--provides Web and CD-ROM users a wide variety of
full-text essays, biographies, and company and association
descriptions. GR's collection also includes time lines and audio/video
* Infonautics Corporation (EL)--offers an online version of the
Electric Library Business Edition with archives of newswires,
newspapers, and company and industry information from Presswire,
Hoover's, Reuter's, Business Wire, and Asia Pulse. Users can access
more than 10,000 full-text documents from more than 1,600 sources;
some content in the business editions are in Spanish and German.
* Northern Light Technologies, Inc. (NR)--has more than 4,500 full
text publications available on the Internet. NR groups its
publications in subject folders and offers a special collection of
business information services with back files to 1995.
* Primary Source Media Inc. (PZ)--provides online and CD-ROM access
to the Declassified Documents Reference Systems (DDRS) with its 70,000
documents with back files from World War II, the Cold War, Vietnam,
and for the Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon administrations as
well as various other government agencies. PM's American Journey
Online includes historical overviews of Westward Expansion, Women in
America, Immigration, the Great Depression, Witchcraft, the U.S.
Constitution, and the Supreme Court.
* Wavephore Newscast, Inc. (NC)--compiles user profiles to customize
delivery of articles from a wide range of news sources. NC covers
business news and CEO wires including Dow Jones, Dun and Bradstreet,
the FDIC, CBD, SEC, IRS, and offers both Newslinks, and InvestText
Abstracts. Electronic delivery of articles is the same day as or
sooner than hard-copy publications. Users also may browse the last six
months of electronic back issues.
2. The following vendors have merged or been sold:
* Individual, Inc. and DeskTop Data's merger has created the NewsEdge
* N2K Telebase, Inc. (EN) has been purchased and renamed WinStar
Telebase, Inc. (EN).
* UMI has closed the document delivery option of their service (The
Information Store/Article Clearinghouse).
3. The following vendors have either not renewed their agreements
with FEDLINK or have gone out of business:
* Electronic Data Systems (ED)
* Retrieval Technologies, Inc. (RT)
* EBSCO Document Services (UD)
* Bernan Press/UNIPUB (BU)
* Ingram Library Services, Inc. (IB)
4. FEDLINK has a Web version
(http://lcweb.loc.gov/flicc/mmcontr.html) of its Services Directory so
that members can get the latest vendor updates. Many vendors have
submitted Web links so users can click to visit their Web sites. A
list of vendors also appears in the 1999 FEDLINK Member Handbook, also
available on the FLICC Web site at
FEDLINK staff is ready to answer questions about services, contracts,
billings, and collections. To take advantage of any of the new
products and services offered, members may elect to add new services.
For assistance with adding these services or other account management
questions, please call the FEDLINK Hotline at (202) 707-4900. For
specific vendor information, please contact Jim Oliver, FEDLINK Vendor
Services Coordinator by phone (202-707-4960) or by email
([log in to unmask]).