You are invited to attend the Second semi-annual BIBCO-At-Large Meeting
Sunday at ALA. Discussion items will include classification, counting,
core record cataloging, and CORC. Meet other BIBCO participants, find
out what's up in their libraries, tell us what's up in yours.
BIBCO-At-Large Sunday, June 27th, 1999
11:30-12:30 Sheraton New Orleans–Pontchartrain Suite)
1. Discussion and follow up on BIBCO OpCo Meeting items
a. Classification discussion (053s in NARs in the LC online
b. Training the BIBCO trainer
2. Working Group on Statistics (Kate Harcourt(Columbia), Chair)
Statistics gathering guidelines for BIBCO libraries
3. Why core is/is not the devil in a blue dress (Iris Wolley, Cornell)
A discussion on the core cataloging experience at Cornell and what
other BIBCO libraries can do to make the core record an
important asset in the cataloging workflow.
4. Discussion on CORC (Celine Noel, UNC; Jeffery Sowder, Columbia U.;
Sally Sinn, NAL)
What is CORC? Can it be used for BIBCO? The UNC, Columbia, and NAL
Acting BIBCO Coordinator
Regional and Cooperative Cat. Div.
Library of Congress, LM537
Washington, DC 20540-4382
(202) 707-7921 (fax): (202) 707-2824
e-mail: [log in to unmask]