Steve, Pat Dobrosky, Director of the US Customs Library and Information =
Center, suggested that I contact you to post an open position on our =
support contract. The position is for a Senior Catalog Librarian and is =
located on site at the Ronald Regan Building. The description is =
We appreciate any help/suggestion you can offer. This is a significant =
position on the contract.
I will be on leave for the next couple weeks, But Kevin Vrieze will be =
at the Library after 8/10/99 at (202) 927-1616
Specifics are as follows:
Incumbent is responsible for cataloging and classifying monographs and =
serials in print and other formats. Utilizes current Anglo-American =
Cataloging Rules, Library of Congress classification system and subject =
headings, the OCLC cataloging system, and a local integrated library =
system. Performs full authority work.
* MLS from an ALA-accredited institution
* Five years experience, at least three years cataloging, preferably in =
a special library or academic setting
* Working knowledge of automated cataloging systems and MARC formats
* Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Background in business, law and economics is desirable.
Modern facility, downtown location.
Kevin Vrieze at:
7527 Glennon Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
fax (301) 365-6736