From your 1999-2000 OCLC Users' Council Delegates:
Arlene Luster Marcia Talley
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
ph: 808-449-2209 ph: 410-293-6905
The first OCLC USERS COUNCIL MEETING of FY00 is scheduled for October 3-5,
1999. Please take a moment to read the information below and get back to
either Arlene or me with your comments and/or suggestions. As always, we
are interested in making sure the concerns of federal librarians are
represented at Users' Council.
1999/2000 ANNUAL THEME:
A New World: OCLC, Libraries, and Users in the 21st Century
GOALS FOR 1999/2000 OCLC USERS COUNCIL
1. Examine ways that libraries and OCLC are expanding the information
available to users.
2. Illustrate how libraries are balancing new and traditional
collections and services.
3. Review OCLC, network, and library activities in creating and sharing
OCTOBER MEETING TOPIC:
The User View of the New World
1. How are library users changing in their composition, expectations,
and experiences and how they access and use both information and knowledge?
2. What are the likely impacts of these changes on libraries and OCLC?
3. What will constitute a successful and sustainable library in the
4. What can libraries, networks, and OCLC do together to better serve