EAD December 1999

EAD HELP PAGES

Beth Bensman <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:17:34 -0500

We are pleased to announce the release of the updated EAD HELP PAGES at
http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/ead/.  Changes include a revision of
the annotated site list that now breaks down the process by preparation,
mark-up, validation, derivations, and indexing/delivery.  In addition we
have re-organized the HELP PAGES with expanded sections listing types of
software for SGML and XML, a section containing links to various metadata
types along with definitions, a section devoted to converting files to EAD;
and a list of Helper Files for specific software.  As always, we welcome any
comments or suggestions for change since our goal is to provide information
and contacts so that EAD can be as widely implemented as possible.  Feel
free to address your thoughts to any of us listed below.

Thank you to all whom have contributed information on EAD at their
institution, as well as those who forwarded suggestions and other data.  And
a special debt of gratitude is due the University of Virginia for allowing
us space on their server.  Also, as chair, Id like to add a very special
thank you to Naomi Nelson and Tim Young for all their hard work on
compiling, updating, and researching information for the pages.

Beth Bensman, chair
University Archives
Thomas Jefferson University

Naomi Nelson, vice-chair
Special Collections
Emory University

Timothy Young, chair emeritus and webmaster
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Yale University