Dearr Rebecca

In message <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] writes:

> To ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee:
>
> I mentioned at our meeting that we could make the archives of this list
> available so that we can go back and review previous discussions.  This is
> done by using a Web interface to the messages that are archived monthly by
> the Listserv software. It would allow you to browse the message by month.
> For an example see:
> http://lcweb.loc.gov/cgi-bin/lwgate/USMARC/archives
>
> However, the software does not allow for the archives to be restricted,
> other than restricting it to Library of Congress users, which obviously
> won't work for our list. We can sort of hide the archives by not linking
> to the files from elsewhere or giving out the URL, but anyone could find
> out the URL if they wanted to and then access them.  So the question is:
> Do you want these archives available to the committee even though anyone
> potentially can see them?

I think so. It will be a useful record. If we have problems with
others accessing it, the URL could be changed.

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews, SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Rd, Harrogate, HG2 7PG
tel: +44 1423 888 432; fax: + 44 1423 889061;

Committee Chair of  ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of CEN/TC304: Information and Communications
 Technologies: European Localization Requirements
Committee Member of TS/1: Terminology (UK national member body of
 ISO/TC37: Terminology)
Committee Member of the Foundation for Endangered Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC2: Coded Character Sets