Dear Michael

In message <l03130315b4dda57bc88e@[194.125.174.92]> you wrote via

> Just as an aside, it's not the JAC's responsibility to think up new
> languages to add.

Quite correct, and I realise that. Thanks for pointing this out anyway.

Having rechecked N18R further, I should have pointed out explicitly
in N18R that this would be the basis of a future submission to the
ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee from the Foundation for Endangered
Languages (FEL) and then gone on to say that this preliminary list
(prepared by officers of the Foundation) is for advance information,
so that JAC members have had a chance to check things out if they
wish, in advance of the FEL submission.

My apologies if there was any confusion.

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews, SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Rd, Harrogate, HG2 7PG
tel: +44 1423 888 432; fax: + 44 1423 889061;

Committee Chair of  ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of CEN/TC304: Information and Communications
 Technologies: European Localization Requirements
Committee Member of TS/1: Terminology (UK national member body of
 ISO/TC37: Terminology)
Committee Member of the Foundation for Endangered Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC2: Coded Character Sets