In message  <l03130301b4e578e5f6b3@[194.125.174.101]> Michael Everson
wrote via [log in to unmask]:

> Komi-Zyrian is the real Komi (and should be called only Komi). Komi-Permyak
> is a different language.

That's exactly what my email said. Let's not just repeat ourselves on
this list: substantive comments are sought.

I assume, on the basis of that assesment, that the ISO 639 JAC would
approve the addition of Komi-Permyak if requested, if the request met
the criteria and supplied appropriate backup documentation?

John Clews

--
John Clews, SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Rd, Harrogate, HG2 7PG
tel: +44 1423 888 432; fax: + 44 1423 889061;

Committee Chair of  ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of CEN/TC304: Information and Communications
 Technologies: European Localization Requirements
Committee Member of TS/1: Terminology (UK national member body of
 ISO/TC37: Terminology)
Committee Member of the Foundation for Endangered Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC2: Coded Character Sets