Dear Rebecca

In message <[log in to unmask]>
via [log in to unmask], Haavard Hjulstad puts the matter very succintly,
at the end of his email:

> I don't see any great problems if LoC also in the future encodes their
> Norwegian holdings as "nor" only.
>
> CONCLUSION: I am very much against the proposed un-doing of a final
> decision that was made two weeks ago. I am also against the implicit
> proposal to expand the coding mechanisms at this point in time,
> unless a thorough study and work is done. The expansion of the coding
> mechanism should be on the agenda in connection with the revision
> process some years from now.

I wholeheartedly agree with Haavard about LoC implementations
(the code "nor" has not been deprecated) and with his conclusion.

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews, SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Rd, Harrogate, HG2 7PG
tel: +44 1423 888 432; fax: + 44 1423 889061;

Committee Chair of  ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of CEN/TC304: Information and Communications
 Technologies: European Localization Requirements
Committee Member of TS/1: Terminology (UK national member body of
 ISO/TC37: Terminology)
Committee Member of the Foundation for Endangered Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC2: Coded Character Sets