Dale,

Attached to this message is the compiled template file for wordperfect 9.0
that I have been using.  Note that it was compiled from the xml compliant
version of the EAD DTD, i.e. as noted on pages 134 of the appliation
guidelines with changes to the entity reference.

If you want to play aroundw with this, copy the file into the following
directory:

c:/program files/corel/WordPerfect Office 2000/template/Custom WP
Templates/xml

When you save the document as an xml file, it will automatically add the
<?xml> statement at the front.  Although I set it to automatically include
the <!DOCTYPE> declaration, it does not seem to do it correctly--as Dennis
already noted.

Chris Prom
Visiting Assistant Archivist, University Archives
Ph. D. Candidate, Modern British History

217-333-0798 (afternoons)