Hi,

I'm new to EAD, so nobody laugh, but I'm having difficulty with one of the DTD files. I have a finding aid in EAD/XML and an XSL stylesheet which I am trying to output to HTML using the Win32 version of XT. I can get XT to run, and it notified me of various errors with my stylesheet, which I have corrected, but now it is giving me an error about the eadchars.ent file. There seems to be a syntax problem on line 187. (In case anyone wonders, I did make sure to transfer these files as a binary files.) Now, when I look at line 187 it says: "ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN".

Is there a typo here, or are there conflicting standards between the DTD, stylesheet, and XT do you think?

Thanks for your help!

Elizabeth Perkes
Utah State Archives