Network Bulletin No.  00-32

Date: July 7, 2000

Subject: Staff, NLS

Index term:   Travel plan for FY2001
network requests for NLS staff visits

NLS is now planning for travel for next fiscal year, October
1, 2000-September 30, 2001.  If you would like an NLS
staff member to visit your library for a specific purpose,
please submit your request on the enclosed form, noting the
date or month.  We rely upon your input in our planning
process.  If at all possible, please avoid requesting visits
for September and early October.  These are difficult times
for NLS staff to travel because of the fiscal year
transition.

Regular Network Services consultant visits to all regional
libraries are made every two years as funds permit.
Consultant visits can generally be scheduled in conjunction
with local consumer, volunteer, or professional events;
however, we need these dates well in advance.  Generally,
funds do not permit us to make consultant visits to
subregional libraries.

NLS representatives are also available for workshops and
special events.  These include consumer advisory committee
meetings, Internet access overview for patrons, volunteer
recognitions, machine-repair workshops, "Take a Talking
Book" senior outreach campaign kickoff events, assistance
with MLA inventory procedures, subregional library meetings,
and open houses or dedications.  We will consider other
events.  Please provide as much information as possible
about the type of visit desired.  Requests received after
August 7, 2000, will be considered only as schedules and
funds permit.

Return the form with all pertinent data by email, by fax, or
in the enclosed addressed envelope by August 7, 2000.

For further information please contact:

Carolyn Hoover Sung
Chief
Network Division

Enclosures

Visits Requested in FY2001

Name:

Library/agency:

Please try to schedule the following visit(s) at my
agency:*

__Consumer advisory

specific or approximate dates

or

at NLS convenience

length of time

__Internet access overview

specific or approximate dates

or

at NLS convenience

length of time

__General volunteer recognition

specific or approximate dates

or

at NLS convenience
length of time

__Machine-repair recognition

specific or approximate dates

or

at NLS convenience

length of time

__Machine-repair workshop

specific or approximate dates

or

at NLS convenience

length of time

__Special events

specific or approximate dates

or

at NLS convenience

length of time

__Other (Please specify.)

__Please note reason for specific dates or visits or
individuals on the back of this page to help NLS
planning.

Return this form by email <[log in to unmask]>, by fax at
(202) 707-0712, or in the enclosed addressed envelope by
August 7, 2000, to:

Carolyn Hoover Sung
Chief
Network Division