Fellows and friends,

Here's an online source that might be of interest...

Inaugural Addresses of the Presidents of the United States. Washington,
D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1989.

This book available full-text (no page images) on the Bartelby website.  Each president has a short introduction and then the full text of his inaugural address follows.  BTW, Bartelby is now a dot-com with advertising support. (It was Univeristy-based.)

I used this source yesterday when other sources failed me on the "which president chose to use 'affirm' instead of 'swear' in his oath of office" question.  The answer, according to this source, BTW: Franklin Pierce <http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres29.html>.  (Were there others?)

Table of Contents and Search page <http://www.bartleby.com/124/index.html>.
Bartelby home page <http://www.bartleby.com/>.

Later,

Betty

    Elizabeth L. Brown
    Automated Reference Services Librarian
    National Digital Library Program, LIBN/NDL/LC(1330)
    Library of Congress, Washington, DC  20540-1330
    [log in to unmask]                telephone: 202/707-2235

    Library of Congress American Memory Home Page:
    http://memory.loc.gov/