Allow me to suggest (1) that we allow three weeks (until 2000-09-27) to
discuss this issue on either of the lists, (2) that I propose to the JAC
Chair a wording for the voting, and (3) that formal voting be conducted on
the JACVOTE list starting in the first half of October.

The issue in question was included in the document that I circulated for
comments.

Identifiers: nn / nno

English names in ISO/DIS 639-1: Norwegian Nynorsk; Nynorsk, Norwegian
English name in ISO 639-2: Norwegian Nynorsk
French names in ISO/DIS 639-1: norvégien nynorsk; nynorsk, norvégien
French name in ISO 639-2: norvégen nynorsk

My proposal was to include the following English names: Norwegian Nynorsk;
Nynorsk, Norwegian
and the following French names: norvégien nynorsk; nynorsk, norvégien

One comment was received to the effect that the following forms should be
chosen: Nynorsk (Norwegian) and nynorsk (norvégien). The English and French
names used by Norwegian language authorities are Norwegian Nynorsk and
norvégien nynorsk. The second forms in my original proposal are merely
inverted forms.

I maintain my origian proposal.

Best regards,
Hĺvard Hjulstad

Hĺvard Hjulstad           mailto:[log in to unmask]
  Rĺdet for teknisk terminologi
  (Norwegian Council for Technical Terminology)
  Postboks 41 Blindern
  NO-0313  Oslo, Norway
  (besřksadresse/visiting address: Forskningsveien 3 B)
  tel: +47-23198040   faks: +47-23198041
  http://www.rtt.org/