From: Michael Everson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 9:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: es / spa : English and French names

Sigh. In Mexico they very often call the language "castellano". So it is
not a specifically European thing.

On the other hand, NO ONE really calls Spanish "Castilian" in English.

Michael Everson  **  Everson Gunn Teoranta  **   http://www.egt.ie
Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn;  Baile an Bhóthair;  Co. Átha Cliath; Éire