Dear Haavard

In message <[log in to unmask]> you wrote:

> Identifiers: be / bel
>
> English names in ISO/DIS 639-1: Byelorussian; Belarussian
> English name in ISO 639-2: Belarusian
> (French name in both parts: bi�lorusse)
>
> My proposal was to include the following English names: Belarusian;
> Byelorussian; White Russian... I maintain my origian proposal.

Byelorussian; White Russian are both outdated names.

I strongly support using only the single language name Belarusian.
I am strongly against using outdated names.

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews, SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Rd, Harrogate, HG2 7PG
tel: +44 1423 888 432; fax: + 44 1423 889061;

Committee Chair of  ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of the Foundation for Endangered Languages;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37: Terminology)