Greetings...

I have been delving into EAD implementation for a few months now at the Library and Archives of the National Gallery of Canada.  I am at the stage of pulling it all together and I am now preparing the web page display.  I am having problems with the SGML display.  What I am trying to achieve is to have Panorama automatically load up when one clicks on the link for the SGML version of the finding aid, and that the document is displayed with the intended style sheet and navigator.

At the moment, I think I have all the necessary elements on the server (catalog, entityrc, entities, .ssh and .nav files along with the SGML files) but when I select an SGML link, the actual coding is displayed, which I then have to download and open in Panorama.  Please help me to understand the missing link to having this prodecure occur automatically.

I don't think there is a problem with my Panorama set up, because when I try the SGML links from other web pages (such as Columbia University's Library Web: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/indiv/rare/guides/ ) everything works the way I hope our site will work.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Irene-Ann Spanner
National Gallery of Canada
Library and Archives