My sense is that people would like a means of submitting subject
proposals which is similar to the workflow of submitting names, yes?
They could be "submitted" to a review file (at least on OCLC), where
a co-op liaison could retrieve them and forward them to editorial.
I don't think anyone expects independent contribution to the
authority file, do they?

    -Louise Ratliff, UCLA