Dear Board Members:

Attached is the announcement about the AFC awards for 2001, which
apparently did not go through the last time I emailed.  I hope that
this version is readable.

I also wanted to let you know that Dr. Billington testified before
the Senate Subcommittee on Appropriations for the Leg. Branch today.
The hearing went very well and Senator Durbin submitted two letters of
support for the American Folklife Center request:  one from Sen. Tom
Daschle and one from Sen. Tim Johnson.

We do not know when Dr. Billington will go before the House
Subcommittee, but if you have questions about the process, you can
call Steve Kelley at 202-707-1534.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued active support of the
Center.

Peggy

Peggy A. Bulger, Director
American Folklife Center