A beginner's question:

I'm planning to encode a finding aid in EAD using XMetaL.  I have
downloaded the XMetaL 30-day evaluation copy, and am confused about which
files to download for the EAD DTD.  I have gotten the six files from the
EAD Cookbook, and am wondering if I also need to ftp any of the files
available from the LOC site ("Version 1.0 of the EAD SGML DTD," at
http://lcweb.loc.gov/ead/eadv1ann.html#whattodo).  It's my understanding
that the ead.rlx file from the Cookbook is a stand-in for the ead.dtd file
from the LOC site.  If that is correct, then do I need any of the other
files they offer through ftp (such as the *.ent files)?

Amy McCrory
Project Archivist
Cartoon Research Library
Ohio State University